Snow Peas per 0,5kg
Snow peas are a type of edible-pod pea with flat pods and thin pod walls. They are eaten whole, with both the seeds and the pod, while still unripened. Snow peas are a popular ingredient in Asian cuisine, and they can also be eaten raw in salads or as a snack.
Snow peas are believed to have originated in Southwest Asia, and they have been cultivated for centuries. They were introduced to Europe in the 16th century, and they were first grown in the United States in the 18th century. Snow peas are now grown all over the world, and they are a popular vegetable in many different cuisines.
Snow peas are a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as dietary fiber. They are also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
Snow peas have a number of health benefits, including:
- They can help boost the immune system.
- They can help protect the heart.
- They can help lower blood pressure.
- They can help promote eye health.
- They can help improve digestion.
- They can help reduce the risk of cancer.
Here is a simple recipe for stir-fried snow peas:
- 1 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the snow peas and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bright green and tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, and black pepper.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Snow peas should be stored in the refrigerator in a single layer. They will keep for 3-5 days.
- When choosing snow peas, look for pods that are bright green and crisp. Avoid pods that are wilted or have brown spots.
- To remove the strings from snow peas, simply pull them off with your fingers.
- Snow peas can be eaten raw, cooked, or stir-fried. They are a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of dishes.