Organic White Cabbage per 0.5kg
Organic White Cabbage is a versatile vegetable that can be eaten raw or cooked. It is a good source of vitamins C, K, and B6, as well as fiber and manganese. Cabbage has been linked with a number of health benefits, including reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
Cabbage is a member of the cruciferous vegetable family, which also includes broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and kale. It is believed to have originated in Asia and has been cultivated for centuries. Cabbage was introduced to Europe by the Romans and quickly became a popular vegetable.
One cup of chopped raw cabbage contains the following nutrients:
- Calories: 25
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Fiber: 2.4 grams
- Sugar: 2.4 grams
- Protein: 1.5 grams
- Vitamin C: 54 milligrams (113% of the Daily Value)
- Vitamin K: 47 micrograms (95% of the Daily Value)
- Vitamin B6: 0.1 milligrams (7% of the Daily Value)
- Manganese: 0.2 milligrams (9% of the Daily Value)
Cabbage has been linked with a number of health benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of cancer: Cabbage contains compounds that have been shown to protect against cancer, including sulforaphane, indole-3-carbinol, and quercetin.
- Reduced risk of heart disease: Cabbage is a good source of fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduced risk of stroke: Cabbage is also a good source of vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting and can help to reduce the risk of stroke.
- Improved digestion: Cabbage is a good source of fiber, which can help to improve digestion and prevent constipation.
- Weight loss: Cabbage is low in calories and fat, and it is a good source of fiber, which can help with weight loss.
- Boosted immunity: Cabbage is a good source of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for the immune system.
There are many different ways to enjoy organic white cabbage. Here are a few recipes to get you started:
- Coleslaw: This classic salad is made with shredded cabbage, carrots, onions, and mayonnaise.
- Sauerkraut: This fermented cabbage is a delicious and healthy side dish.
- Cabbage rolls: These savory rolls are filled with ground beef, rice, and cabbage, and they are a popular dish in Eastern Europe.
- Cabbage soup: This hearty soup is made with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables.
- Cabbage stir-fry: This quick and easy dish is made with cabbage, vegetables, and your favorite protein.
How to Store
Organic white cabbage can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. To store, remove the outer leaves and wash the cabbage thoroughly. Cut the cabbage into desired pieces and store in a sealed container or plastic bag.
For SAME-DAY delivery only from 9am - 12pm.