Organic Carrots per 500g
Organic carrots are a healthy and delicious vegetable that can be enjoyed raw, cooked, or juiced. They are a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamin K1, potassium, and fiber. Carrots are also low in calories and fat, making them a healthy addition to any diet.
Organic carrots are a good source of many important nutrients, including:
- Beta-carotene: Beta-carotene is a carotenoid that is converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for good vision, skin health, and immune function.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is essential for good vision, skin health, and immune function. It is also important for growth and development.
- Vitamin K1: Vitamin K1 is essential for blood clotting and bone health.
- Potassium: Potassium is an important mineral that helps regulate blood pressure and heart health.
- Fiber: Fiber is an important nutrient that helps keep the digestive system healthy.
One cup (120 grams) of raw, peeled carrots contains the following nutrients:
- Calories: 52
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 14,757 IU (370% of the RDI)
- Vitamin C: 10 milligrams (13% of the RDI)
- Potassium: 278 milligrams (7% of the RDI)
- Fiber: 3 grams (11% of the RDI)
There are many ways to cook and enjoy organic carrots. Here are a few ideas:
- Grilled carrots: Preheat your grill to medium heat. Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Roasted carrots: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Carrot soup: In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Puree the soup until smooth.
- Carrot cake: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in carrots. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
How to Store
Organic carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To extend their shelf life, trim the ends of the carrots and store them in a sealed container.
For SAME-DAY delivery only from 9am - 12pm.