Eggplant per 0.5kg
Round green eggplant is a type of eggplant that is small, round, and has a green skin with white stripes. It is a member of the nightshade family, which also includes tomatoes, potatoes, and peppers. Round green eggplant is native to India, but it is now grown in many parts of the world.
Round green eggplant is a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamins C and K. It is also low in calories and fat. Round green eggplant has been shown to have a number of health benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of heart disease: Round green eggplant contains compounds that can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduced risk of cancer: Round green eggplant contains antioxidants that can help to protect cells from damage, which may help to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Improved digestion: Round green eggplant is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to improve digestion and prevent constipation.
- Weight loss: Round green eggplant is low in calories and fat, making it a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Round green eggplant is believed to have originated in India. It was first cultivated in India over 4,000 years ago. Round green eggplant was introduced to Europe in the 16th century by Portuguese traders. It was later introduced to the Americas by Spanish explorers.
A one-cup serving of cooked round green eggplant contains the following nutrients:
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 20 milligrams
- Vitamin K: 14 micrograms
- Potassium: 420 milligrams
There are many different ways to cook round green eggplant. It can be roasted, grilled, fried, or baked. Round green eggplant can also be added to soups, stews, and stir-fries. Here are a few recipes that use round green eggplant:
- Roasted Round Green Eggplant: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cut round green eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Grilled Round Green Eggplant: Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush round green eggplant slices with olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side, or until tender.
- Fried Round Green Eggplant: Cut round green eggplant into 1/2-inch slices. Dredge in flour, egg, and bread crumbs. Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Baked Round Green Eggplant Parmesan: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cut round green eggplant into 1/2-inch slices. Layer slices in a baking dish and top with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
How to Store
Round green eggplant can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is best to store it whole and unwashed. If you need to wash the eggplant, do so just before you are ready to use it.
Round green eggplant is a versatile and healthy vegetable that can be used in a variety of dishes. It is a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, vitamins C and K, and has been shown to have a number of health benefits.
- Rich in Many Nutrients. ...
- High in Antioxidants. ...
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease. ...
- May Promote Blood Sugar Control. ...
- Could Help With Weight Loss. ...
- May Have Cancer-Fighting Benefits. ...
- Very Easy to Add to Your Diet.