Puff Pastry with Tomato Sauce, Salami, Cheese, and Eggs
- 400 g (14 oz) puff pastry, thawed
- 100 g (3.5 oz) tomato sauce
- 100 g (3.5 oz) salami, sliced
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the puff pastry.
- Top with the salami and cheese.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- For a more flavorful filling, you can add some chopped onions, garlic, or herbs to the tomato sauce.
- If you don't have salami, you can use another type of cured meat, such as pepperoni or prosciutto.
- You can also add other vegetables to the filling, such as sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, or onions.
- To make a vegetarian version of this recipe, simply omit the salami and use a vegetarian cheese.
You wil love it!!!